Feedbacks of Line Counter Alpha 2

Topics: User Forum
Coordinator
Aug 31, 2006 at 12:30 AM
Hi everyone, thank you for supporting the project, now Line Counter Alpha 2 is released, we do need your feedbacks to make it better, please write yours here, thanks.
Sep 22, 2006 at 3:38 AM
I love this little app and I must say the new user-interface is quite good. Can I request you bring back the total function from version alpha one? If it is in alpha two, I can't seem to find it and its fairly important in something that counts code.

Also, a few other ideas I'd like to see:

• The ability to load a solution or project file and have it automatically read all related files.
  • To remember previous opened projects (recent files list), possibly an option to reload the last open project automatically.
  • Better choice for the default starting point on the Open folder command (%Documents%\Visual Studio 200#\Projects for example) and remember the last accessed location next time.

Keep up the good work. :)
Coordinator
Sep 24, 2006 at 3:25 PM
Hi Nidonocu,

Very happy to see your feedback, thank you very much!

The summery function is still exists, you can get count summery by right click the folder icon and choose "File Info". I didn't know such change will confuse users, I will change it back to menu items like "Sum All".

Your suggestions are very important, I will add them as new features in the future versions.

Thanks! :-)
Oct 8, 2006 at 4:54 AM
Ah.. have to say it was a bit easy to miss that one. :) It only exists in the shortcut menu so was hard to spot! I personally desing to have every feature accessible by three points. Shortcut on the item, global menu/toolbar and keyboard shortcut, that way you cover all the bases.

And yay.. 17334 lines or so of awful code in my own app so far. X) Also, watch out for the dialog options on that File Information dialog, shouldn't really have a visible icon or appear on the taskbar. /UIPrude ;)
Coordinator
Oct 12, 2006 at 8:21 AM
This discussion has been copied to Work Item 4294. You may wish to continue further discussion there.
Coordinator
Oct 12, 2006 at 8:30 AM
Hi Nidonocu,

I have convert your reply to work item, and the issue you said will be fixed in next release (Beta1). Thank you very much for your feedback.

We can discuss more via email or Live Messenger if you like, my live messenger and mailbox is: eyippee@hotmail.com.